Karen and Alice started Let’s Make Art in a community hall with their own collections of art supplies and a lot of imagination. Since then their company has spread its wings and has grown into one of the most sought after mobile studios in the UK.
Their unique and inventive approach to art making has enabled them to work with other like-minded organisations and artists. Their playful and stylish workshops present exclusive and contemporary ways for children and grownups to express their creativity.
Collaborating on projects means they have presented their ideas to a wide variety of venues, including; schools, museums, art galleries, shops, restaurants, libraries, homes and festivals.
Karen and Alice have created free online tutorials using easy to source materials from the home and DIY Kits for sale, all available on their Instagram @letsmakeartuk and @letsmakeart_store
- A weekly after school visual arts program for Key Stage 1 and 2, which explores all aspects of making.
- Art and science workshops at the Watershed, Bristol, on behalf of OKIDO magazine
- Tutorials to compliment the themes for AQUILA magazine
- Family and children’s workshops with Arnolfini, RWA, Edge Arts Bath, Watershed, Friendly Records, Colston Hall, Hemingway Events, The National Festival of Making and Arts Institute Plymouth
- A monthly adult event ‘With a Twist’ – an informal cocktail and craft social for grownups to meet and make.
We are the main providers of children’s art activities for the following festivals; Starry Skies, Port Eliot, Shambala, The Downs festivals, Eat Drink Bristol Fashion and The Christmas Spiegeltent.
2019 Hoop Award runner up for the Best Holiday Workshops
Facebook | Twitter - @letsmakeartkids
Instagram - @letsmakeartuk